- the type of information we collect from you when you visit Breton SmarTek's website (www.bretonsmartek.com)
- how we use the information
- under what circumstances we disclose it
1. INFORMATION COLLECTED BY US
When you use our site, we receive and collect certain information. The information that we receive and collect depends on what you do when you visit www.bretonsmartek.com or use our products and services..
- Automatically Collected Information. Some information is automatically received and sometimes collected. This information includes the following:
- name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet
- Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using
- browser software you use
- your operating system
- date and time you access our site
- Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site
- (where applicable) GPS location generated from the location services generated by your mobile device
This information allows us to monitor the usage of our site and enhance our ability to serve our customers.
- Information Collected via Location Services from Mobile Devices. We only use information supplied from the Location Services features of mobile devices for determination of physical location for individual transactions. No personal location information is retained nor provided to 3rd parties for any purposes. Users may elect to turn OFF location services on their mobile devices, but this may impact the functionality of specific products or services provided by Breton SmarTek.
- Information You Submit to www.bretonsmartek.com. For simple browsing activities, we neither require nor collect "Personal Customer Information" such as:
- your name
- email address
- billing address
- shipping address(es)
- phone number
- credit card information
You can freely browse the site for general information on products and services without having to submit any Personal Customer Information.
In the following instances, however, we do need you to actively submit some types of Personal Customer Information when you want to (1) complete an order or (2) subscribe to our mailing list:
- Completing an Order. To complete an order, you may need to provide us with all of the following Personal Customer Information: your name, email address, billing address, shipping address(es), and credit card information. We use industry standard E-Commerce security technology to protect the Personal Customer Information that you transmit to us at order placement time. We do NOT reuse any credit card information from previous orders and require you to provide your credit card information EACH time you place an order with us.
- Mailing List Subscription. You may sign up for free email communications from us that highlight new product features, future innovations and a variety of additional information about our products. You can sign up for our Mailing List by supplying your email address to us on the MAILING LIST section of www.bretonsmartek.com.
2. USE OF PERSONAL CUSTOMER INFORMATION
Occasionally, Breton SmarTek uses Personal Customer Information to provide communications to its customers about its products and services. At any time, you can opt-out from us using your information for this purpose by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at (902)-442-7588 / 1-888-600-7122.
Breton SmarTek only shares Personal Customer Information that we collect as follows:
- Subcontractors and Service Providers. We may send Personal Customer Information to third-party subcontractors and agents that work on our behalf to provide certain services. These third parties do not have the right to use the Personal Customer Information beyond what is necessary to assist us. They are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of the Personal Customer Information and are absolutely restricted from using such information in any way not expressly authorized by Breton SmarTek
- Credit card companies. Credit card transactions are handled by a third-party financial institution and their vendors, which receive the credit card number and other personal identifying information only to verify the credit card numbers and process transactions.
- Law Enforcement Investigations. Breton SmarTek may release Personal Customer Information when we believe, in our good judgment, that such release is reasonably necessary to comply with law, enforce or apply the terms of any of our policies or user agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Breton SmarTek, our users, or others.
3. COMMUNICATIONS FROM BRETON SMARTEK
As a customer, you may receive the following communications from the Breton SmarTek :
- Communications related to transaction and account maintenance activities. These communications include without limitation: order confirmations; order update notices; order problem notices; and notices regarding material changes to site policies and account management procedures.
- Communications containing information about Breton SmarTek and its partners, products and services. We send promotional emails and other outbound communications to Breton SmarTek customers regarding products and services from Breton SmarTek, its subsidiaries and trustworthy third parties. Any Breton SmarTek customer who does not wish to receive such product and service communications can contact us at email@example.com or call us at bretonsmartek.com.
- Mailing List Communications. You may sign up for free email communications regarding our product, services and marketplace news. To do so, simply supply your email address to us on the MAILING LIST section of www.bretonsmartek.com. To unsubscribe to a newsletter, use the form located on the Mailing List page.
4. UNDERAGE CUSTOMERS
Our products and services are marketed for purchase by adults or persons under the age of 18 with the consent of adults. Breton SmarTek requires a credit card that has been authorized for use to complete purchases on our site.
5. LINKING TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
When you click on links and banners on our site that take you to third-party web sites, you will be subject to the third parties' privacy policies. While we support the protection of privacy on the Internet, Breton SmarTek cannot be responsible for the actions of any third-party websites. We encourage you to read the posted privacy statement of any and every site you visit, whether you are linking from our site or browsing on your own.
7. QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS
1. PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
The Personal Customer Information you provide -- including your credit card information -- to make purchases from us is secured using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology. We use this SSL technology to prevent such information from being intercepted and read as it is transmitted over the Internet. The encrypted data goes to a secure site where your information is stored on restricted-access computers located at restricted-access sites.
2. SIGNING OUT
To further prevent unauthorized access to your personal information, remember that you should sign out once you have (1) completed your transaction or (2) leave your computer for any reason. Anyone who accesses your computer after you have signed in but before you have signed out may be able to access your information.
3. SAFE SHOPPING PROTECTION
Under commercial law, a credit card issuer cannot make you liable for charges in excess of $50.00 that result from the unauthorized use of your credit card. There are similar commercial laws that relate to debit cards. Exceptions do apply, and you will have to comply with the rules of your credit card or debit card issuer, so please contact your card issuer for further details.
If a credit card or debit card issuer assesses you a fee because of the unauthorized use of your credit card or debit card on our site, Breton SmarTek will reimburse you for such amount up to $50.00. Please contact us at (902)-442-7588 / 1-888-600-7122 for details.
4. ORDER BY PHONE
If you do not feel comfortable sending your credit card information to us over the Internet, you still can shop with us. We welcome you to call us to complete your purchase by phone at (902)-442-7588 / 1-888-600-7122.
5. CHANGES TO SECURITY POLICY
Breton SmarTek reserves the right to change this policy at any time by updating all such changes on our site. These changes will only affect the information we collect going forward from the effective date of the policy change unless we clearly express otherwise.